Friday, February 2, 2007

Brayered Delight




















I totally CASE'd this card from dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/. I had never tried the resist / brayer technique before. First I took a piece of glossy white cardstock and stamped with StazOn Black. Then I colored in with SU!'s Metallic Pencils. Then I loaded my rubber brayer with Close to Cocoa ink and brayered the glossy cardstock over and over until it was the color I liked. I then took a tissue and wiped gently where I had colored. The pencils had resisted the ink. I felt like I needed to re-color the flowers once I had finished wiping. I layered with Chocolate Chip cardstock and drew dots with my white gel pen. The card base is Creamy Caramel stamped with French Script in Close to Cocoa.
I've had this card laying on my desk for a few days now and I love it every time I look at it. It feels like a warm, worn blanket. And I have needed all the warmth I can get lately. The freezing temps here are getting to me, I guess.
Today we're cooking for the Super Bowl. We'll be having a few friends over. So this weekend I will share one of our favorite recipes. Maybe for my husband's famous Artichoke Dip. Yum! So have a great weekend and enjoy all the great commercials on during the Super Bowl...that's my favorite part!

1 comment:

Ladystamper said...

This card is awesome! I love it! It does feel warm. (I am still making that awesome dip and loving it!) wish WE were coming over!
:o)
Bec