Friday, February 23, 2007

Accoutrement Appeal


I am so excited to have my spring mini pre-order. I love this Office Accoutrement set and the coordinating designer paper. I couldn't wait to get my new rubbah and start stamping. As soon as I had my set mounted I started rifling through the designer paper for inspiration. Annoyingly, I was coming up short on the inspiration. So I sat there and looked at the paper and looked at the stamps and looked at my ink pads. I kept waiting for something to "speak to me". It wasn't happening. So I decided to just pull out some coordinating cardstock and start stamping. The main item that I actually wanted to use was the file tab punch. Ooh, and I found this mini clipboard in my stash of stuff I bought at the last scrapbook expo I went to back in October. I thought that would be the perfect embellishment.
The card you see is what I ended up with after starting without a plan. The card base is Apricot Appeal and stamped in the same color. The clipboard is covered in the designer paper and stamped in Taken With Teal. For the file tab, I ended up cutting it in half so I'd have only half the thickness. I used my 3/4" circle punch to cut a circle around a flower on another piece of the designer paper for the center of my main flower. I also sponged around the card and clipboard in Taken With Teal. All in all, I think I like this card. Let me know what you think.

Tomorrow I'll show you a scrapbook page that I made featuring this set and paper. I even journaled on it a little bit. Check back then and see what you think!

3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

I really like what you did here...the little clipboard was just aching to be used with this set!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorbale!

Ladystamper said...

I love it! I was wondering what to do with this background paper too...what does it all mean? You are so good, that is why you are my hero...
Bec