Sunday, February 11, 2007

Boot Camp Challenge


I am doing a Stamper's Boot Camp. It is six weeks of challenges to help build my Stampin' Up! business and stretch me creatively. So the stamping challenge for Week 1 was to find a card in the current catalog to copy exactly. Then make another using the same layout but changing the colors and stamps. So I chose this card from page 139. I love the stamp set Winged Things and I was happy to get it out since I haven't played with this one in a while. This card is very simple, but not plain. The idea of copying a card from the catalog is to show customers that the ideas in the book are easily re-creatable.

The second part of the challenge was more fun because I could pick and stamp set that inspires me. I chose Wild about You because Beckie had just done such a cute card with that set. See her card here. With the color combo I had already chosen I thought that the lion would look the best. So here is my alternate catalog card. Enjoy. Now try your own copy and change challenge!



1 comment:

Ladystamper said...

I love it! Isn't wild about you the cutest set ever? At least today...I like your card better than the one from the catalog! Good job!