Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Elegant Unfroggetable


Here is another offering from Unfroggetable. As I was trying to decide what to use next, my Label Classics jumped up and begged to be used. I liked the flower inside the rectangle the best. I stamped the rectangle with Elegant Eggplant and the flower in Basic Black. I used markers to color in the flower with Elegant Eggplant, Almost Amethyst, and Always Artichoke. I then cut out the rectangle close to the scallops. For the card base I used Almost Amethyst stamped in the same color with the Flannel Plaid Background. I stamped a piece of Elegant Eggplant in the same color using the Paisley Background. Once I mounted the eggplant piece to the left edge of the card base I used my craft knife to cut a slit alongside it. I put my eggplant grosgrain ribbon through the slit. Then I put the corner rounded, Always Artichoke layer onto the card, tied the ribbon and attached the focal image. No dimensionals today, believe it or not. Lastly, I stamped Happy birthday using the Everyday Flexible Phrases set in eggplant. I used my Word Window Punch and a 1/16" hole punch. Linen thread ties the piece into the ribbon. Voila! There you have it! An elegant card from the Unfroggetable set. I love how versatile one set of stamps can be by changing colors and embellishments.

I'm off for a busy day. Post office, grocery store, cooking for a cub scout dinner tonight. It's my little one's first Blue and Gold Dinner. He is so excited! Oh yeah, I also have to run one of the girls to the orthodontist today. Busy, busy, but hey, aren't we all?

Did you see Heroes last night? Finally lots of answers in one episode. Of course, there are still a lot more questions but I was excited to see more on Bennett. And I was sure surprised to see Hiro's dad! Okay, I'm done. Have a great day and leave a comment or subscribe-or both!

2 comments:

Ladystamper said...

This is elegant! Of course...LOVE the purple!! You really tied in three different styles on this one. The flannel, the whimsical, and the classy. I like it! that's why you're my hero....
bec

Anonymous said...

Very nice Michelle!