Tuesday, February 20, 2007

So Very Happy Mailbox


Sell-A-Bration is coming to an end. Only 8 days left. So Very is one of my favorite of the SAB sets. I still have a couple of the cute $1 mailboxes from Target so that's what I was inspired to work on this morning. Also, I have to have a birthday gift for a friend I'm seeing this afternoon and I wanted to package the gift inside the box. I pulled out the Sarah Designer Paper to play. After covering the mailbox I stamped So Very and happy in Certainly Celery on white. I punched flowers from Summer Sun cardstock and put celery brads through them. The yellow is grosgrain ribbon is retired SU! and the green is the current Spring Moss grosgrain. I added the happy to a summer sun layer and attached to the flag with stampin' dimensionals. These really are quick and easy to decorate. I hope my friend likes it.

My dear friend and upline, Beckie sent me some of those chipboard coasters that everyone is using these days. Yesterday I made a little picture frame book. I guess that's what you could call it. Anyway, I covered the coasters with Spring Flowers Designed Paper and added some stamped embellishments. The one on the right is a stamp of the Los Angeles Temple. It is stamped with StazOn onto watercolor paper. I watercolored the image with re-inkers and aqua painters. The scripture on the left is a stamp from God's Way which was featured in last year's spring mini catalog. I added some vintage brads too. I tied the two coasters together with taupe grosgrain ribbon.

The Temple Coaster book will be donated to a Women's Conference that my Church is doing this weekend. Items are being donated and raffled. I hope that whoever gets this will like it as much as I do. In fact, I think I'm going to have to make one for myself!

Have a great Tuesday. I will. My kids are back at school and I get to stamp until it's time to bring the gift to my friend. Yeah!

3 comments:

Ladystamper said...

I love it! What a cool idea! I would love to have a little picture of the temple in my purse...
Good job!

Unknown said...

I need to get some coasters. Seems like I am always a day late and a dollar short. By the time I make them, there will be another fad goinng around. You did a lovely job making this.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Michelle, your mailbox is SO cute!