Friday, February 16, 2007

Be Happy Birthday


I have realized that I don't make enough birthday cards. Every time a birthday sneaks up on me, and they always do, I have to go start from scratch to make a birthday card. Well, this time was no exception. I needed a birthday card for a fellow blogger. I have had the Word Search Background for about 6 months without using it, so I decided to give it an inkin' love. The base of the card is Tempting Turquoise and stamped with Fontastic Background in the same color. The Word search is also stamped in turquoise. I stamped the flower from Be Happy in Only Orange and cut it out, then layered it on a piece of Only Orange. The tag sticking out from behind the flower is stamped on white in gable green. You could put the name of the birthday girl or boy there. For the flower center I punched gable green with my 1/2" circle punch and put the pieced together with a turquoise brad. I popped the flower up with dimensionals. I added a piece of white grosgrain ribbon. I would have liked one of the other colors from the card, but alas, I did not own any of those colors. Last but not least I circled the words "happy birthday" in orange marker on the word search piece. Ooh...I also paper pierced the green layer. I loved this card as soon as I finished it. The colors are nice and bright and happy!

Now I need to get on the ball and make a dozen or so birthday cards so I have them on hand when the pesky birthdays sneak up on me. So my challenge of the day is for you to make a birthday card too! If you have a blog or a photo gallery post the info in the comment section so that I can see what you made. I love to see other people's artwork. And I need the ideas for birthdays.

Have a great Friday!

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

I love this...so bright and fun!

Ladystamper said...

I love it. I knew you would do something wonderful with this stamp. It seems so versatile. The colors are great. Good job!!