Saturday, February 10, 2007

Heartfelt Card Wallet



I know I'm a day late posting this, but I just got busy yesterday and couldn't get to the computer. So here is the other demo from my workshop on Thursday. This is a card wallet. I was first introduced to these adorable creations on Debbie Olson's Blog entry of 1/24/07. On Debbie's posting there are also links to another site with directions. But really it's quite easy to make. I used Heartfelt Thanks, So Very, Elegant Greetings, and the Watercolor Joy Wheel. Paper colors are Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, So Saffron, Whisper White. Inks are Regal Rose, Rose Red, So Saffron and Basic Black. The wheel ink is So Saffron. For the square on the belly band I used the two largest square punches. And for the scalloped edge I used the slit punch.

On the inside of the wallet are envelopes that have been cut in half after sealing to serve as pockets for notes. I used vellum envelopes and punched a half circle on the front layer with my large circle punch. The notes have hodgepodge hardward attched to them and I added bits of light pink grosgrain ribbon. On top of each envelope I cut out a flower from Heartfelt Thanks and punched a word from So Very with the Word Window Punch. I hope you like my take on the Card Wallet. Try one for yourself!

I'm thinking about a tutorial for you for next week. I'm a wee bit intimidated about typing up instructions. I usually have to show someone to make myself clear. I've got plenty of stamping to do in the coming days. I have a group meeting, a swap, a workshop and a stamp camp to prepare for. So I'll have several projects to post. Keep checking back to see what's new.

Have a great weekend. It's a 3-day weekend for my kids so I get to sleep in on Monday! WooHoo!

2 comments:

Ladystamper said...

I love the vellum. It looks awesome! I think I will try one of these....

Jen said...

Love this! It's so pretty inside and out!!!!