Thursday, February 15, 2007

Natural Beauty



This card is for my workshop tonight. The background is Bashful Blue. I wheeled the Rough Texture Wheel in both directions in the same color. The band at the bottom is Always Artichoke stamped with Itty Bitty Backgrounds in the same color. On a piece of Vanilla I stamped the large flower from Natural Beauty with Basic Black. I colored in with Stampin' Pastels and a Blender Pen. I hadn't used my pastels in at least a year. There was a thick layer of dust on the lid! And I realized that I still have the pastels with all the old colors. I really need to update my chalks and then use them more often. After coloring I stamped more Itty Bitty Backgrounds in Barely Banana around the edges and did a little direct to paper on the edges with the Banana pad. Before I layered the focal image I used my 1/2" circle to make the ticket corners. I've been wanting to order the punch for that but haven't gotten around to it yet. So I just put the paper in a little bit and punched. I like how that leaves a perfect little space for a brad. I used the Barely Banana brads found in the Soft Subtle pack. The image is layered on Not Quite Navy. That is one color I almost never use. So I wanted to give it a try. I consulted my color coach to figure out what other colors I was going to use. To finish off the card I added a piece of Twill Tape and popped the focal image up with stampin' dimensionals.
Make sure you subscribe to my blog so that you get emails whenever I post something new. I have some cute things coming up!! And leave a comment if you like what you see. It will make my day. Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

Ladystamper said...

Cute card!! A year?? shame on you! Chalk! Chalk! Chalk! LOL

Jen said...

What a striking card!! Love the simplicity of it!!

Anonymous said...

This is a stunning card!!

Unknown said...

Lovely card. love the colors!!!

Wanda said...

This is a VERY beautiful card!