Tuesday, February 6, 2007

2-fer Tuesday!

Yes, I meant to say 2-fer! Today you get a card and a recipe. This card is from the SAB set: Happy Harmony. I borrowed it from my friend and DL Christine. Thanks, Christine! For this one I started with a Certainly Celery card base. I like this paisley designer paper so I used a small piece for a partial background. On Very Vanilla I stamped the floral image, having inked the stamp with markers in Barely Banana and Certainly Celery. I added a little sponging around the flowers and around the edges in Barely Banana as well. I then stamped one of the beautiful sentiments in Close to Cocoa. I layered the focal image onto Bashful Blue and before attaching to the card, I added light blue narrow organdy around the card. At that point, I thought the card still needed a little something so I got out my paper piercing tools and added a row of piercing at the top and bottom of the designer paper and again at the bottom of the card. Then it looked finished to me. This stamp set is so pretty. I can't wait to try some more layouts.

Now for the recipe. We had a fun Super Bowl Party on Sunday and made way too much food! This is a recipe that I hear on the radio and had never tried before. It turned out delicious, by the way. I hope that you enjoyed the commercials on the Super Bowl as much as I did. That's really the only reason that I like to watch. I think my favorite is the Rock, Paper, Scissors one for Bud Light. Of course, Bud Light had several great commercials throughout the game. Anyway, here is the recipe:

Bacon Wrapped 'Lil Smokies
1 package of 'Lil Smokies
1 pound bacon
brown sugar

Cut each piece of bacon into thirds. Wrap each 'lil smokie in a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. After you have all the smokies arranged on a baking sheet, sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.

Yum!

2 comments:

Ladystamper said...

Very pretty card! Don't look yet...I haven't updated my blog yet....:o)

Allison Rankin said...

This is terrific...I love the color palette you chose!