Sunday, February 18, 2007

Buckaroo Birthday


Here is my first sampling of Buckaroo Blue In Color paper. It coordinates so well with the Treehouse Designer Paper. The focal image is matted onto Always Artichoke. The cupcake image is from Treat Yourself. I used the masking technique to have the frosting look like it is coming over the edge of the cupcake paper cup. I colored the image in with markers and drew confetti onto the frosting as well as added striped onto the candle. The sentiment is from It's Your Birthday. The Buckaroo base is stamped repeatedly with Background Basics. The final touch is the paper piercing around the focal image. I love the way this turned out. It's great for a masculine birthday. Not too froo-froo. And no ribbon or girly embellishments. I had my mustard ribbon out and kept thinking about adding it to the card, but in the end I'm glad that I left it simple.

Have a wonderful Sunday. We're off to Church. Oh, and the girls lost their basketball game yesterday but it was a closer game than any before and Beth made her first basket of the season! Yay Beth!

2 comments:

Ladystamper said...

Totally Cute! I especially like the paper piecing around the top. It really pulls it all together and makes it look so professional and polished. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Simply adorable! I need to get that set!