Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I'm Hopping on the Cuttlebug Bandwagon


Yesterday I was convinced (i.e. peer pressure) *grin* that I should try the Cuttlebug products. I do not have the machine but I have a Sizzix. So I went to Michael's and bought two of the embossing folders: D'vine Swirls and Happy Birthday. It took some doing to get the machine loaded properly to make the impression. It didn't get quite as deep as I would like, but I'll try again.

So here is my first attempt using the swirls background. I used Blush Blossom cardstock for the embossing and layered that onto a Certainly Celery base. The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations and the scalloped rectangle is from Label Classics. Both of those were stamped in Regal Rose. The flower is from Seeing Spots and is stamped in Blush Blossom with a celery brad in the middle. I finally used my first piece of flirty ribbon on this card. Yes, I'm guilty of hoarding. I also used white grosgrain. The focal image is, of course, up on dimensionals.

Here is the "sister" card to the one above. I had stamped two of the sentiment pieces and was actually planning on using a piece embossed with the other cuttlebug folder, but the impression wasn't really deep enough to see so I did something different. I used a piece of the Love Me Designer Paper and stamped Seeing Spots in coordinating ink on the card base. Here I used a piece of Ivory Narrow Organdy. I'm glad I have a few more birthday cards ready. They will be used very soon!

Tomorrow I'm scrapping with friends so I should have a layout or two to show on Friday. Hopefully I'll be inspired enough to get several pages done.

I'm off to get ready for a busy day. I hope you have a good one!

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

These cards are well done...I can't wait for my folders to arrive in the mail (there is nary one to be found in the Michael's around here!).

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards. I want a Cuddlebug. They sure do add a lot to a card, don't they?