Thursday, February 8, 2007

Sweet & Simple Scrapbook Page

Here is my first scrapbook page to post for you. I demoed this at a workshop today. I cased the layout from the SU! Demo Website but there is also a similar layout on page 113 of the current SU! Idea Book & Catalog. I started with a 12 x 12 piece of Chocolate Chip Cardstock. Then layered a large piece of So Saffron on that. On the So Saffron piece, I stamped with Petal Pushers in So Saffron Classic Ink. Then I pierced holes around all the edges and drew in Chocolate Chip lines to mimic stitching. I mounted my 5 x 7 photo on Really Rust. I stamped "Cousins" in Chocolate Chip on a piece of Naturals Ivory. Below that I layered a piece of Bashful Blue. Next I stamped several of the flowers from Petal Pushers on Naturals Ivory and cut them out. I used Really Rust, So Saffron and Bashful Blue inks to coordinate. I layered the cut flowers around the title and put the Rust Sunflower up on a Dimensional. I also added a clear button with Spring Flowers Designer Paper behind it. The button is tied with a piece of Linen Thread. My favorite part is the large flower embellishment at the top of the page. The flower is a Chipboard piece that I adhered a piece of the Designer Paper to and then sanded the edges. The small flower on top of that is also a chipboard piece but I sponged it with So Saffron. The chipboard pieces were then adhered to the page.
So my workshop was fun. My hostess, Karen, was fantastic and a lot of people came.
Tomorrow I will post the other project I showed.
Today my 8 and 11 year old are making me crazy with their bickering. They just can't seem to be nice to each other or stay out of each other's business. They also love to tattle. This behavior is so frustrating and I'm all out of ideas to curb it. I know I used to have ideas when my two older kids acted like this. I think my brain cells are seeping into my pillow when I sleep. Thank goodness for a Driver License to remind me of my name and age! haha So anyway, I'm open to suggestions to help me keep my kids in line. I guess the main thing missing is respect for one another. hmmm, I'll have to think on this. Wish me luck...I'll probably come up with something brilliant but by the time I'm ready to implement it I'll have forgotten what it was.

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Faubulous page. I need to do more scrapbooking! Thanks for the great idea!

Ladystamper said...

I love it!! Brown is the new black, baby! I this this is an adorable page that I will most likely copy!