Monday, February 19, 2007

Scrapbooking Anxiety

This layout is what inspired yesterday's card. These photos are from my youngest son's 7th birthday which was over a year ago. I am so far behind in my scrapbooking it's not even funny! Why don't I scrap more often? Let's not go there for now.

Matt's Great Grandma has her birthday just 3 days before his. So they usually celebrate together. You see "Nanny" in the cake pics with Matt. She turned 79 that year.

Now, onto the scrapbook page. The base is Brocade Blue and the Patterned Paper is Treehouse Designer Paper from SU! The only stamped image is the same as yesterday's post so

see that for the details. I layered photos on More Mustard and the stamped image on Bravo Burgundy. For the title {7} I used chipboard pieces and covered them with coordinating cardstock. I sanded the edges a bit and then sponged the edges with Close to Cocoa. I haven't journaled the pages yet. That is the most challenging part of scrapping for me. I love to read other people's journaling in the magazines and especially on my friend, Beckie's layouts. I have a hard time moving past just stating the facts of the photo or event. I want my journaling to reflect my feelings and my personality. So maybe that's one of the reasons that I don't scrapbook more often.

Another reason is probably the intimidation I feel from being so far behind. I have always scrapbooked chronologically so the months just keep adding up without me getting the photos to the scrapbook. Although this past year I did make 3 theme albums. So that did alleviate some of the anxiety. Scrapbooking should not bring on anxiety. Maybe if I just get started, things will move along smoothly. I guess I'll never know if I don't start!

1 comment:

Ladystamper said...

You are the one that got ME into scrapbooking, so...get with it girl! You always do such wonderful work. I think your problem is that you need to scrapbook with me. Come on over! Scrappin with friends is always a good thing. Do you still have your Tuesday scrap days? Might want to think about doing those again....my day is still Tuesday!