Saturday, February 17, 2007

Sweet Caribbean Donut



Do you know about Stampin' Up!s In Color line? I've finally opened my In Color assorted pack of cardstock. The colors are so pretty. Of course, as I was trying to decide which of them to use first I realized that I hadn't bought any of the ink pads for these colors. Hmmm, more of a challenge!

I started with my instant favorite: Cool Caribbean. This card is 4 1/4" square. On the front of the card I stamped the Print Pattern background in White Craft Ink and set that aside to dry for a minute. In the meantime I stamped "sweet" in Basic Black from the "So Very" Sell-A-Bration set on white cardstock and used my 1 1/4" circle punch to cut it out. I punched a 1 3/8" circle from Basic Black Cardstock to layer. Then I picked up my 1 3/8" circle punch again and punched a circle in the front of my Cool Caribbean card. I adhered my punched and layered sweet circle underneath to show through. I stamped "So Very" in Basic Black across the top of the card front and tied a 13" length of Black Gingham Ribbon though the hole I punched and around the edge of the card. No, wasn't that easy?

I used this card as the make-n-take at my workshop the other night. It was easy for beginners as well as more advanced stampers. The refreshing "donut" design kept the card from being too boring. Not to mention the awesome Cool Caribbean color.

So I have ordered the ink pad for the Caribbean color and I'm looking forward to playing with this color more. I have a feeling that I'm going to love each In Color as I get them out to play. Tomorrow I will share the card I made with In Color: Buckaroo Blue.

Have a happy Saturday. The weather is nice here this weekend and my girls are playing parks and rec basketball. Wish us luck...we haven't won a game yet. Maybe today will be the day!

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute card Michelle!