Friday, March 2, 2007

Silver Celebration


I'm just loving this hostess set! Here I did some polished stone with pretty in pink and regal rose. There is not a lot of variation in the color, but it's still pretty. Then I stamped the dress and cut out just the skirt. I also stamped the dress on shimmery white paper and then attached the skirt to the white piece. I used snail adhesive at the waist and dimensionals at the bottom. I punched two 1/16" holes on either side of the waist and tied some silver cord in a bow. I layered that whole piece on another piece of the polished stone and then layered that on black and added the silver brads. I wrapped the silver card base with silver cord and then attached the focal piece with dimensionals. FYI: The silver paper is retired SU! paper. But the silver paper that SU! carries now is even better. Lastly, I stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the card.

I hope you like this one as much as I do. It reminds me of the Prom. Next year my oldest will be old enough to go to his school's Prom. We went to the DMV today. He missed passing the permit test by one question. He'll have to try again in a week. And while we were at the DMV we needed to know his height. He is 6'2" already. And he's only 15 1/2!! I wonder how tall he'll get. His dad is 6'5". I have a feeling that dad is going to be looking up to his son before long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely card. I LOVE the brads in the corners!

Ladystamper said...

So elegant! I love the colors. This is what I needed for the bridal shower! Can you come up with baby version? I need to make 80 by Monday!