Saturday, March 17, 2007

Inspiration Everywhere


Last week I took my kids shopping for spring/summer clothes. One of my girls picked out a pair of capri's with a big flower embroidered on the pocket. Here is a picture of it. I loved the combo of colors so much that I decided to use those colors on a card. The picture doesn't really do the colors justice, but I think you can see Pink Passion, Orchid Oplulence and Pumpkin Pie. The other two colors are Cool Caribbean and Certainly Celery. It took me a few minutes to decide on a stamp set to showcase this many colors, I almost went with Watercolor Garden, but finally I ended up with Treat Yourself.

I started with a card base of Certainly Celery and stamped Print Pattern on that in the same color. The next layer is a strip of Pumpkin Pie stamped with the Canvas Background and with some ribbon from Target wound around it.
The bubblegum machine image is stamped in black on Whisper White. I colored the machine with aqua painters and ink pads in celery and Sahara Sand. Next I stamped the "love" hearts in Orchid, Pink Passion, Pumpkin and Caribbean. I sponged around the machine in Caribbean and layered that piece onto first, Caribbean and second, orchid. I also stamped the word "love" from one of the sentiments in the set onto a piece of white. I used a marker to ink the stamp, thereby only inking the part I wanted and omitting the rest of the stamp. I punched the file tab punch so that the word was positioned right where I wanted it and attached it behind the orchid layer. At that point, I did just a little bit of paper piercing around each corner. The focal image is attached with dimensionals.

I am really pleased with the way the card turned out. I don't usually use quite so many colors. I hope you like it, too!

Today I went shopping with my mom. We went to the new Michael's in town. It is so huge! I only bought a few things but it was fun to look around. Afterwards, we came to my house and stamped. I'll show you what we made on my next post.

1 comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Love the color combo! Great place to find inspiration! :) Who knew kid's clothes shopping could be so much fun! :)