Thursday, March 8, 2007

Inspiration at Target


I went to Target yesterday and while I was browsing I came across a comforter that immediately made me want to stamp! I loved the color combo so much that I quickly jotted down the colors on some scratch paper so that I wouldn't forget them by the time I had a minute to stamp. Well, I didn't forget. In fact I obsessed about the card until I had time at 10 pm to make it. So here it is! For the base of the card I stamped the Paisley background in Chocolate Chip onto white. I then added a strip of Ruby Red with a thin layer of Gable Green to one side. I stamped the large flower from Office Accoutrement with Tempting Turquoise onto white and cut it out. I ran chocolate ribbon around the card and added a bit of turquoise to it as well. The flower is on dimensionals and has a button from the Earth Elements container. I love the way the card turned out with the same feel as the comforter. These are colors that I would have never put together if I hadn't been inspired at Target.

Take note that today is the last day to leave a comment on my Blog Candy post. Check back tomorrow to see if you are the lucky winner! I am really enjoying reading all of your comments. Make sure to subscribe so you always know when I've posted something new. I try to post everyday, but sometimes life gets in the way.

Last night I took the kids to the mall for some new clothes. This is not my favorite activity! And we didn't finish so we'll be back at it tonight to get shoes, some more shorts and t-shirts and maybe bathing suits, too. My credit card company loves me!! LOL Clothing four kids is not cheap! And my friend, Beckie (Ladystamper) had six! She is Superwoman, though. Love you, Beckie!

4 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Funky card...love the paisley and CC you chose!

Anonymous said...

This is SO pretty. I have that background stamp and haven't used it yet! Looks like another day of shamless CASING!!!! LOL Thanks for the great inspirations Michelle!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the subscription suggestion. I looked at Feedblitz and couldn't quite figure it out...what is the thing called that I am trying to add to my page?
Thanks!

Ladystamper said...

AAH! i did a background trade today and I was trying to decide between the French script and the paisley. I chose...poorly....Now I wish I had picked the paisley!! Great card! Great colors! Great layout! Great comment about moi! (LOL) The real question here is...did you buy the comforter?Hugs!