Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Eclectic Accoutrement


Today's card offering starts with a More Mustard base that has been stamped with the Canvas background in mustard and Old Olive. The vertical strip is a piece of glossy white that was first brayered in both directions with the Pumpkin Patch Spectrum Pad. Then I stamped Fontastic in Pumpkin Pie over that. I layered that strip with olive and added a punched tab in pumpkin, stamped with a sentiment from Little Hellos in Chocolate Chip. I attached the tab with two olive brads from the Earth Elements set. I wrapped the card front in mustard grosgrain ribbon and topped off the card with the flower from Office Accoutrement. I first inked the flower in mustard, then used my pumpkin pie marker to color the edge of the flower. Then I cut the flower out, added a button from the Earth Elements set and attached with dimensionals. Twelve of these cards are on their way to Florida for my upline's monthly swap. Hi Beckie!

I don't know what possessed me to use these colors. They aren't very spring like. But at least I have a couple more birthday cards to add to my stash. Altogether, I made 12 card fronts and 2 full cards. I figured since I'm making swaps anyway, it's no problem to make a couple more for the stash. I try to do this regularly. Then I have cards ready to go at the last minute.

Just last night two of my kids wanted a card to give to their teachers. They also made giant chocolate chip cookies to give to their teachers. I don't know what the occasion is, I think it's just because they like their teachers. And I know that teachers are under paid and under appreciated so I was willing to help the kids brighten the day of two hard working women.

Have a great day and check back soon to see what else I'm up to!

5 comments:

Beckie said...

Cool colors! The letters really seem to be floating on that background. I can't wait to see them in person!!

Wanda said...

This is such a pretty card. I think I ordered this stamp. I just got the box yesterday and haven't had time to open it!!! I can see you're having fun with your stamps!! That's what it's all about! TFS

Charmaine (CharmWarm on SCS) said...

Love the colors on this card! Great!

Gillian Hamilton said...

This is just brilliant... I love your colour choice.. perfect..

Rhi said...

Gorgeous beautiful warm colours, reminds me of tulips for some reason so it seems spring like to me :) Rhi x