Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Love is in the Air

Well, it's time to start thinking about Valentine's Day. So here is my first offering. I was determined to use my new patterned paper from the Winter Mini. The cardstock is Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise and Whisper White. The small hearts in the background are from Petite Patterns and the main image is from happy Occassions. Love is part of a larger stamp from All Year Cheer I. I used a marker to ink just the portion of the stamp that I wanted to show. This is called omitting. I also used Bold Bright Brads and my white signo-gel pen to doodle stitch marks on the turquoise piece. And I thought a little glitter would really help the focal image. So I applied the glitter using a 2 way glue pen. I used fiskars decorative edge scissors to cut out the focal image.
It took me three days and several attempts to get a card that I was happy with. I guess my creative battery was recharging. Sometimes that just happens. I had to get up and walk away from my desk. I looked for inspiration in magazines and online at Split Coast Stampers and on various blogs. (See my list of blogs I like to visit). Finally I was able to go back to my desk with a fresh perspective. This time I got results I was happy with.
Life is like that sometimes, too. Problems can't always be solved the first time to try to figure it out. By taking some time to sort out the situation and meditating and/or on several options will often lead you right to where you need to go. Who knew that stamping could be a metaphor for life?

No comments: