Saturday, September 25, 2010

Are you getting ready for Halloween?

As I looked through my stamps, I realized that I had no Halloween stamp sets. That is not really that surprising. I'm not the biggest fan of Halloween. The candy is great, but I tend to get annoyed with the hassle of picking and preparing a costume, whether for myself, or my kids. So anyway, I wanted to make a Halloween card for my sample basket. So what did I do? I got creative, that's what!

I started with a Pumpkin Pie card base (what could be more appropriate?) I stamped swirls around the edges from the Baroque Motif set. Next I punched a bunch of circles and ovals in Pumpkin Pie and layered them together to make just little pumpkins. I drew the jack-o-lantern faces on with marker. I added vines to the tops of the pumpkins with an old corner punch I had hanging around. I attached the pumpkins to a white layer that had been cut with the Top Note die for Big Shot. Next, I added some Garden Green swirls. At this point I was liking the card, but it need something more. So I cut a strip of Garden Green to go across the back of the card, but before I attached it, I spritzed some water on it and crumpled it like crazy. Once it was dry, I attached to the card. It was still missing something... a greeting. I do have the All Holiday set of greetings, so I added the Halloween sentiment and layered that on an oval cut from the crumpled Garden Green card stock.

I hope you are also inspired to make a Halloween creation!

2 comments:

MARTHA said...

I am! This is so cute.

Lisa said...

I was never a Halloween fan, I've always tried to be when the kids were little. lol
I loved what you did with the punches to make the pumkins. this is a nice card.