Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Long Notes for a Friend


Have you tried out the Long Notes yet? They are featured in the Spring Mini Catalog. The come in Cool Caribbean, Sahara Sand and So Saffron and they include envelopes. The dimensions for these cards are: 6 5/8 x 3 1/4. It's fun to work with a different size card occasionally. I turned the card on it's end and covered the bottom four inches with Designer Paper. I added a piece of brocade blue that I had punched with Word Punch and included a yellow brad. I used bluebird grosgrain ribbon to hide the seam. For the top portion of the card I stamped this quote from a $1 stamp at Michael's in Brocade Blue on white and then layered with brocade blue card stock. The circles were cut with the coluzzle. Definitely an easy card.


I'm glad I finally got to post again after missing the last three days. I've had hubby home from work and kids home sick on Monday and Tuesday. Actually, I still have one of them home today. Nothing to serious though. Just a mild stomach bug.

Hopefully I'll have time to do some more stamping today for upcoming blog posts. I hope you are all having a great week! The weather is a little warmer than I like here. And it's only May! Yuck. By August I'm sure I'll be whining about the weather on a regular basis. LOL

Thanks for checking in.

4 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

OH I just LOVE it! No, I haven't tried them out yet, but I LOVE when I see them! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the dimensions and the style! Great card! :)

Ila said...

Great card! I've never made a card like this..it looks like fun.

Wanda said...

What a fabulous card!!!