Monday, May 7, 2007

Happy Doodle This


I have been working on the cards I need for this month. I haven't gotten to Mother's Day but here is one of the birthday cards I made. I'm loving Cool Caribbean and will miss it when the new In Colors come out. But I know that I will love some of those new colors. So I wanted to use up some of the caribbean and I love this large flower from Doodle This. I stamped the flower twice with Basic Black and then colored with ink refills and Aqua Painters in Cool Caribbean and Tempting Turquoise. I cut the two flowers out and attached them to a white rectangle, adding paper piercing and faux stitching. I then layered that piece onto Basic Black. For the background of the card I used one of the flourish doodles randomly over the base of the card, also in caribbean. I wrapped the card with polka dotted ribbon from my stash and stamped happy birthday in black from the Happy Everything set. Lastly, I added some stickles to the top flower layer for sparkle. I hope the recipient likes this card...I do!

5 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful card! I'm with you on the Cool Caribbean....wish they would keep that one around! Great job with the faux stitching.

Anonymous said...

This card is beautiful! Your work is always great- can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Wanda said...

Oh My Michelle, this card is SO pretty! You know I have to put it in my "must CASE" folder!!! I just LOVE the colors and the dazzling diamonds really made the flower pop.

Ladystamper said...

This card Rocks!! I love it! I am also going to miss the CC!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!