Tuesday, May 1, 2007

All God's Children


I just love this stamp set! The kids are adorable, the sentiments are sweet. And there are several occasions represented. This set has been in the catalog since 2003. Sadly, this is one of the retiring sets from this year's Idea Book and Catalog. You can see the entire list by clicking here. The much anticipated list came out today. My favorite part is wondering what SU! will come up with to replace the set that are leaving. The hardest part is realizing how many stamp sets I own that are retiring. I haven't done the counting yet, but I think there will be quite a few.

So, to make this card, I stamped the cute kids in black on white card stock. I cut the image out with my coluzzle and made a mat from Certainly Celery. I colored the image with markers. The background is just Print Patterns in Brocade Blue on Brocade Blue. I used my hand held rectangle punch to make slots for the ribbon to weave through. I wrapped the navy grosgrain ribbon around the card and tied it off with a square knot.

I will be featuring retiring sets occasionally over the next several weeks. Maybe it will make you wish you had one that is on it's way out...or maybe it will make you happy that certain sets are leaving! Take care!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable card Michelle!

I thought about getting that set but now that it's on the retired list I'm going to let that wish go and see what it is replaced with!

Susan said...

great card...and not just for kids. I know some super adults who have always chosen the right and would appreciate such a card.

Anonymous said...

I love this set and it always reminds me of my first SU convention. It was in Orlando, and LaDonna Gatlin was a motivational speaker. She spoke on doing the right thing. When she signed my brand new catty, she signed on this stamp set on this stamp. Choose the right