Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Gift of Time and Knowledge

I have owned an electric piano for about five years. I have always wanted to play the piano well. I love to listen to piano music. I have longed for someone in my home to be able to play my piano. I am tickled pink when someone comes over and plays beautiful music on said piano. Unfortunately, piano lessons for myself or the children has been out of the question. So the piano has sat there and only occasionally been tinkered with. Until a week ago...

A dear, generous friend of mine has offered to give my kids piano lessons... for free! I cannot tell you how happy this makes me. All three of my kids (at home) are so excited to be learning the piano. Especially Matthew. The girls each had a few lessons about four and a half years ago, when money was a little easier to come by, but we never kept it going when their teacher moved away. The best part, is that I get to sit in on the lessons and then apply what I've learned on my own. I did take lessons for about a year when I was twelve, but nearly all of that knowledge has long since been forgotten.

So now I am thoroughly enjoying hearing the piano being played every day. I look forward to the time when I am hearing Church hymns and other music playing softly from the living room. So here is a BIG Thank You to my wonderful friend for her gift of time and knowledge in sharing the piano.

2 comments:

MARTHA said...

I'm so excited for you. PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE!

Ladystamper said...

yay for music!! That is awesome!