Saturday, May 23, 2009

Some Cards for a Change

Here is a birthday card I made for my Sis-in-Law, Laura.  I used the SU! Designer Paper called Tea Party.  In case you weren't aware, SU! is having a sale on Designer Patterned Paper: Buy 3, Get 1 Free!!  I just had to get in on this one and got four packs of beautiful two sided patterned paper.  This paper is similar to the stamp set Time Well Spent so I stamped the big flower on Shimmery White card stock and colored with SU! markers.  Then I cut out and attached to the flower with dimensionals.  I tied white organdy and pink satin ribbon.
I also made a Graduation for my Bro-in-Law.  He just earned hi Master's degree.  Go Chris!  This one is quite simple with just a piece of patterned paper from Michael's and one stamped sentiment from the SU! set: All Year Cheer 1.

Next week my oldest child will be graduating from High School.  Boy, do I feel old!  I'll be sharing photos from that and from his final Show Choir Concert soon.

Enjoy your three day weekend.  And please take a moment to remember the reason for the holiday.

"They fell, but o'er their glorious grave
Floats free the banner of the cause they died to save."
-Francis Marion Crawford


And a heartfelt thank you to all of the service men and women who are serving our country, sacrificing their time and their lives, being apart from their families, to bring peace to the world and keep us safe here at home.  In fact, my brother, Paul, is in Iraq right now.  We pray for his safety everyday.  Thanks Paul!

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh Michelle, I especially LOVE the first card. That Tea Party paper is SO much fun. I have to play with mine sometime soon. TFS And glad to see you're still making cards!!!

Lisa said...

Hi Michelle,
I just love the cards you made. your first card, I just love the colors, so bright and pretty. Make sure you thank your brother for me. I have one nephew in the service and a close friend in Iraq. They are special people.