Friday, March 21, 2008

You Mean Everything To Me


This is the card I made for my DH for Valentine's Day. I just had to use my, then new, Always set. The heart image is so pretty! I started with Pretty in Pink card stock for the card base and stamped the heart twice in Chocolate Chip on a scrap of the same pink. I cut the hearts out and sponged the edges in Chocolate Chip. On the card base I used the heart image from Petite Patterns randomly over the background in Pretty in Pink. I cut a strip of Rose Red card stock to go across the middle of the card and sponged that with the Chocolate Chip also. I wrapped the card with chocolate grosgrain ribbon and tied on scraps of rose and light pink ribbon on either side of the chocolate knot. I then used dimensionals to attach the hearts to the card. On the top heart I had to use two dimensionals stacked where it meets the card to give each heart the proper dimension. Lastly, I stamped the sentiment in Chocolate Chip on the card, added a little more sponging...and voila, I had a beautiful card for hubby for Valentine's Day. As for the photo, I tried something new. I thought there was enough morning light streaming through the window to light the card, but, alas, there were shadows anyway. I probably won't try this method again.

Enjoy your Easter weekend. I will share an Easter card tomorrow in honor of the holiday.

2 comments:

MARTHA said...

I loved the look, old and antique.

Wanda said...

Oh my, this is SO pretty! TFS