Thursday, March 20, 2008

SCS Color Challenge 158


So I decided to do this week's Color Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. I don't think I've ever done that particular challenge before and this week's combo was definitely a challenge for me. The combo is Kraft, Orchid Opulence and Sage Shadow. I like Kraft quite a bit but Orchid and Sage are two colors that I almost never use. I have lots of those two colors in my stash. So I figured this would stretch my creativity and use up some neglected paper. Before I started I looked at a dozen or so samples from other stampers and I found 3 or 4 that I really liked. So here is my attempt. I used the set Unfrogettable and the retired background Word by Word. The card base and focal point are Very Vanilla. Word by Word is stamped in Creamy Caramel. Froggy and shroom are stamped in Black Staz On. I used reinkers and aqua painters to add color. I even water colored a sky with Bashful Blue. The layers are Kraft and Sage Shadow. I used the paper piercing tool and a Close to Cocoa marker around the edges of the Kraft layer. All pieces have Creamy Caramel inked around the edges. The ribbon is Taupe Grosgrain with a Clear button that backed with Orchid Opulence. I kind of like the overall card. What do you think?

Cool Bargain Find: Today I went to a thrift store to take a look around. My 12 year old daughter has been wanting a new pair of roller blades and there was a pair there that was BRAND NEW! For only $10.95!!! WhooHoo!!

No comments: