Monday, August 6, 2007

Yee haw, Cowboy!


Howdy, Partner! There's a snake in my boots! Yee haw, Cowboy! I'm just getting into the Western mood. My sweet upline, Kimber, sent me this stamp set and here's one of my creations with it. For the bandana looking piece I crumpled a piece of Ruby Red card stock and stamped with Vanilla Craft Ink. The card base in Kraft card stock and the horse is stamped in Close to Cocoa. To get the shadowy effect I stamped the horse full strength at the far right edge. Then without re-inking I stamped it two more times, each time moving over a bit to the left. The word "dream" is from Everyday Flexible Phrases and punched with the Word Window Punch. The edges are sponged and the piece is tied with ribbon to a clip from the Hodgepodge Hardware Kit.

I hope you're having a good summer. I've got Disneyland coming up on Thursday. I'm going with my son who is turning 16 and a friend of his. We will be celebrating both of our birthdays. Mine is the 15th and his is the 18th. Let me know how you like this card. Comments are greatly appreciated!

5 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

That's beautiful Michelle! I really love how you've done the horse...quite stunning!!

Huggs,
Jana

Ladystamper said...

I love how you did the bandana look. very clever!

Wanda said...

Glad to see your compter is up and running again. It's such a "lost" feeling when they are broken. It's almost like you're shut off from the world!

This is a fabulous card. I am thinking about getting this set. I have to wait though, you can only buy so many!

TFS

Anonymous said...

Great card! I LOVE the bandana!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a neat twist!! I think being the horse fanatic I am I will have to get this set. Thanks for the awesome idea!!!
Debbie J.