Tuesday, July 13, 2010

To Be or Not to Be...a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Well, you probably already know that I was once a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. In fact, I was a demo for 8.5 years! I love creating and sharing the joy of creating. It was a hard decision to quit when I did in 2008. I hated to abandon my downline most of all. Over the past 2.5 years I have not regretted quitting at all. But now I am considering rejoining the SU! family.

My upline and dear friend, Beckie, came to visit last week and she had a lot of great ideas about me signing up. To sweeten the deal, there is a special for past demonstrators to rejoin for only $35.00!! Now I have a decision to make. Do I want to be a demo again?

I'm just not sure. There are many things I love out Stampin' Up! The main thing that I miss is the whole social aspect. I miss getting together with my fellow demos and with customers at workshops and at stamp camps. I also miss the big Stampin' Up! events like Leadership Conference and Convention. I really miss the sound of the UPS driver pulling up to my house with new stamps! I live on a corner and that darn UPS truck is in my neighborhood nearly every day, but he never stops here anymore. ; (

There are also a few things that I haven't missed about SU! I haven't missed worrying about making my quarterly sales quota. I haven't missed leaving my family in the evenings to go to a workshop. I haven't missed driving myself crazy trying to come up with new a fabulous make-n-takes, or card swaps. I haven't missed telling my kids I can't do something for them because I am getting ready for a workshop or stamp camp. And mostly, I haven't missed finding new customers and talking people into having workshops or buying stamps.

So there is my conundrum. Do I? or don't I? I'm open to opinions here, so feel free to leave a comment with your ever so humble opinion (and Beckie, I already know yours!). I have another week or so before I have to make my final decision. I will keep you posted.


5 comments:

MARTHA said...

Could you do it with all the pluses and not have the negatives? You are getting your social angle with the exchange. I don't envy your decision. Good luck with that.

The Everts said...

I say if it's going to take you away from your family more often than not, don't do it. But if you can balance both, it won't give you more added stress and it's affordable then do it. But just don't try to recruit me. Haha

Lisa said...

Well, You could try it out for awhile and you would only be out the $35.

Wanda said...

Well, you know you can't go wrong with the $35. You can afford to give it a try because it's not a big investment. See how it goes and you can always retire from it without taking a huge loss. You won't know unless you try! And about the make n takes, and ideas, the new SU website has a HUGE area of things like that that is only for demonstrators so no one outside of the SU community has seen these items! Great place for ideas and inspiration!

Lisa said...

Well....What have you decided Michelle?? Have you made up your mind yet?